Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Aubrey's 1st Birthday!

Posted by Andria at 2:16 PM








Though, I spent many days trying to wrap my head around the fact that this sweet, tiny girl is now ONE, I had to put all that aside to get this incredible party together! We had a pretty large guest list & without us asking, one of our very close friends insisted we do the party at her house since it's well.. huge lol! She's such a blessing in our lives & we're so thankful for her. You know who you are- love you guys! It was a lot of hard work but everything turned out beautiful so I'd say it was definitely worth it! There was glitz, glitter, tutus, a bounce house, tons of delicious food and many adorale little girls (and yes, some boys too) to enjoy it all!
I will say that I sort of regret not handling the camera myself as it is a bit complicated for someone who's not used to a dslr but, I was WAY too busy so unfortunately some pics weren't done in the proper camera setting (which drives me a little nuts). Most did turn out very pretty so it's ok ;) Either way, prepare for picture overload on this post ;p



(This cake was not only GORGEOUS but incredibly delicious too. The bottom layer was vanilla cake with fresh strawberry compote filling, middle was oreo with bavarian cream filling and the top was lemon cake with lemon curd filling. Feel free to drool lol!)









I was one proud mommy on this day! Seeing how absolutely beautiful my girls looked and also seeing so many sparkly little princesses running & twirling all over the house brought a huge smile to my face. On another note, I couldn't have asked for better friends to be there sharing this special day with us. Lot's of mama-chat & laughter going on during the party really helped ease any worries about things going perfectly. Even all the Dad's there had a great time! 









( I couldn't get her to put those cute little hands down but her top has a princess carriage and says "The princess is one". )



I'm so happy this day turned out to be a huge success. Yes, I'm aware that Aubrey will never remember this beautiful party but her story & her journey are worth us making this birthday a big deal. We're not only celebrating her turning one, we're celebrating the victory of overcoming all that it took to get her here. Happy birthday little princess. You're worth it all and more!




0 comments:

Post a Comment