Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Aubrey Grace is Ten Months Old!

Posted by Andria at 2:20 PM




I now have a funny, passionate, longer, leaner and amazing 10 month old baby girl! It's scary how "toddler-esque" she's starting to look lately. A bit of a cruel reminder that one is just around corner ;) I know it's redundant for me to say this but, I truly wish I could slow down time. 






Aubrey's development has just exploded lately! It's seems like in a span of a few weeks  she has started to do even more new things. She's becoming a teensy bit more independent which is a lot if you've ever personally been around her. She's is a very attached little girl- never wanting to be more than twelve inches from me, if not in my arms. Lately, she's been a little better at playing on her own without freaking out that I'm five ft away doing dishes lol! I've concluded that at this point it's just her personality and I just go with the flow of her needs. She just wants to be close to Mommy and you know what? That's okay.

That brings me to the subject of sleep. She's not a good sleeper, plain and simple. I've spent almost two months trying to "fix" her and "make" her into a good sleeper- trying different techniques but, it's all been in vein. I honestly lost more sleep many times doing those techniques than just surrendering to her. She now spends about half the night in her crib and the other half in bed with me. As of right now, I give up lol! Hey, I'm losing sleep EITHER WAY so at least this way doesn't include hours of tears (from us both). I know it wont last forever so I take peace in that..





It's amazing how quickly things change. The house use to be filled with the sound of tiny baby coos and that ever distinct newborn cry. Now on any given day you hear babbles, laughter, the clanging of toys being hit together, the swift pitter patter of her running around in her walker, crawling and so on. Oh how fast time does fly. I can't describe how much I love this sweet girl. She is one of the most beautiful things I've ever laid eyes on and one of the greatest gifts I've ever been given.



At ten moths old Aubrey...

Is crawling like a champ!

Can point although she doesn't do it often.

FINALLY added in a new word- "up".

Started liking Dora the Explorer.

Claps and it is the cutest thing ever!

Pulls to standing. Now it's all she ever wants to do :)

Will eat almost anything off our plates as long as it's diced into small pieces

Still nurses every couple hours. Even if just for a quick "snack".

Got sick for the very first time. Poor baby :(

Falls asleep pretty much every time we're in the car.


Aubrey, you're just so incredible. Your Daddy and I are so in love with everything about you. Just the other day we remarked (for the millionth time) on how worth it all the moths of trying for you were. I love you for ever and ever baby girl..



Photobucket








































1 comments:

Erin on January 29, 2013 at 3:53 PM said...

My first daughter was a beautiful sleeper, my second still is a hellion. DD2 didn't sleep through the night until 14 months, and for 2 months before that, it was half the night in her crib, the other half in her infant car seat (which she is too big to use in the car). Now she seems to have the hang of it, but just so I don't get too comfortable, we have had some strange nights.

Post a Comment