Friday, March 30, 2012

Aubrey Grace Is Two Weeks Old!

Posted by Andria at 10:25 PM

It feels like I just had Aubrey yesterday but, here we are 14 days in. I find myself already begging for time to slow down. Of course she's still quite tiny but, I know how two weeks will easily turn into two months. Two years.. I guess that's why I'm ok with the fact that my days are almost completely taken up by her. My nights are spent mostly awake feeding her. I'm just allowing myself to fall into this experience. I'm taking everything in. The way she smells, the way her soft round little head feels in my hand, the feeling of her tiny hands wrapped around my finger, the funny way she opens her mouth wide in search of food when I kiss her. It's not easy sometimes but, I know that some day all too soon I'll long to be back to right here, right now.





Aubrey...

This week Aubrey had her first trip to the park with her big sister. Yes, all she did was sleep in mommy's arms but its still counts! Also at nine days old her umbilical cord fell out. Just some things I need to document ;) We're starting to see a bit of personality in Aubrey already. She's very expressive with her face and eyes for being only two weeks old. She's definitely found her voice too. If she's tired or hungry and you don't respond fast enough, man will she open her mouth! Aubrey's appetite has increased a lot this past week. She's been eating sometimes every hour and a half and her weight as of now is 5lbs 11oz.  She's definitely a snuggle bug. When we're in bed, she'll wiggle and nuzzle her way toward me until she feels her head or face against me but I do make sure she's not smothering herself! She's most content being cuddled and being on the boobie. She loves her some boobies lol!



Speaking of...

Yes we are still breastfeeding. I will admit that I've had my moments of wanting to quit but I've stayed strong. Though I absolutely love it on an emotional level, physically it's ben rough on me. Even at two weeks into nursing, I'm still experiencing a tremendous amount of pain when she latches. In fact, she's drawn a few tears from me at times. I do know why though. Aubrey has a habit of tucking in her top lip when she nurses and its not been easy to correct that.  The solution so far? Just continuing to nurse despite a very poor latch until we can get this thing down. Aubrey now hates the nipple shield so my options are limited. I know that "taking a break" will kill my supply so I just press on. Once the pain dies down a bit, I do cherish my nursing sessions with her. I just wish it would hurry up and get easier. It hurts me but I truly love doing it if that makes sense. Just praying that we can get over this hump.


Aizlynn...

Aizlynn's been amazing. She is in love with her new baby sister and has been acting like a little mommy. She loves to lay with Aubrey, talk to her and give her lots and lots of kisses. We've had no issues with jealousy at all. In fact Aizlynn has actually been so understanding of the fact that I'm having to devote so much time to Aubrey. I try to keep her as involved as possible so I think it's helped a lot. We still tell Aizlynn that's she's our baby, she's just our bigger baby. She smiles and says "I know" ;)


And the mama...

Despite my nipples being destroyed lol, I'm getting better slowly but surely. I'm not as weak as I was a week ago but I still have to take it easy. Thankfully Jeffery's been an awesome help from the beginning. I've noticed that my skin's doing this funky postpartum breakout thing so I'm having to deal with that. "Fun." But on a better note, I'm now 5 lbs from my pre pregnancy weight and I didn't even need to do anything. I guess breastfeeding really is a great way to get your figure back!







Photobucket

2 comments:

Paige on April 2, 2012 at 7:13 PM said...

Oh goodness. She is so precious! Soooo incredibly precious!

Andria on April 3, 2012 at 12:52 PM said...

Thank you Paige!

Post a Comment