Monday, January 16, 2012

Baby...Boy?

Posted by Andria at 2:49 PM

As most of you might know through reading my past posts, we've made the decision not to find out the sex of our baby. It's just sort of our thing you could say since we didn't care to know with Aizlynn and had no intentions of finding out with the pregnancy that we lost. If there's a third in our future then it'll be a surprise baby as well. Both Jeff and I absolutely LOVE the mystery and wonder of not knowing and the experience of finding out at birth is a high like no other! I know for many people it would drive them crazy not knowing but, for us it's normal, natural and easy.

With not knowing comes the barrage of guessing games based on old wives tales, Chinese birth charts and just gut feelings from family and friends. I have been back and forth with my guesses but, lately I've been having tons of baby boy dreams. Now, I will say that most everyone I know including Jeff has told me that this is most definitely a bouncing baby boy so I'm starting to think that it might be influencing my dreams. Who can really say how much weight these dreams hold? I'm just wondering if maybe some sort of mother's intuition is kicking into overdrive. They're just so vivid lately that I'm really staring to think- Could this really be our first boy?! Will we be parents to a son? After having a girl for seven years now it feels so crazy to think that there might be a lot of blue in our future!

I became so accustomed to being a mommy to a little girl that there was a time in my life when I used to say I only wanted girls. Yeah, sad but true. Looking back I realize it was really for nothing but shallow reasons. All I would think about was that I might not have as much fun with shopping and how there'd be no bows & no frills. Really? I've grown so much as a person since then and after suffering a miscarriage I see children VERY differently. Part of it was also the fear of the unknown. "Could I really bond with a boy, play trucks and yes, even enjoy shopping in the boy section?" Of course I could! It would be different but like with anything else, you adjust. Besides, how awesome would it be to have one of each! It would be an honor and a privilege to have a boy or a girl and I can now say with honesty that I'd be thrilled with either one.

So, If there's is indeed a precious baby boy on the way then bring on the blue! He'll be loved, cherished and adored for sure. If it's a little princess, she certainly won't lack for love either. Plus it'll be familiar territory for us. I'm just glad that it won't be much longer til we find out for sure! I can't wait!



Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment