Sunday, December 11, 2011

Pregnancy weeks 23 - 25 (tiny baby hiccups!)

Posted by Andria at 9:33 PM
It's so hard to keep up with updates throughout the Holiday season because we've just had one thing planned after the next! It's not over yet with plans for Disney, a Nutcracker play, cookie baking and other outings on top of our day to day things. I have to say though that even with all the business I absolutely love being able to look back and know that we created all of these great family memories.

Ok so on to the pregnancy! I'm currently 25 weeks along and starting to feel that "Oh my gosh, we're getting closer!" feeling. My incessant need for order and tidiness is kicking into full force lately which has been both a blessing and a curse. I mean YES, having your home in order is a good thing but, It feels like I'm never satisfied with things around here. It could always be better in my mind. Nesting can be a powerful force haha!

On another note, I've been forced to create quite the unexpected goal recently. That goal? Weight gain. Yep, weight gain. At my last appointment I was in total disbelief (as were my midwifes) when I stepped on the scale and discovered I hadn't gained any weight since the month prior. I was still only about 2/3 lbs above my pre-pregnancy weight and had no answers or explanations as to why that was. In came the flurry of questions I was met with at that moment- "Are you eating properly?" "How much protein are you getting?" "What exactly are you eating?" and so on. In my mind I thought I was eating just fine, getting enough protein and carbs, all that good stuff but, I have now made it a goal to add even more of those things into my daily food routine. It's funny to think that I'm hoping to see that scale go up soon but, if that's what I need to do then so be it. I'm not freaking out over it just yet though, I tend to be a late gainer and Aizlynn was a 6 lb, healthy baby. I'm going to assume that my body will gain what it needs to eventually and this precious baby will be born just as healthy :)

One really cute thing I'd like to metnion is that on the exact day I made 25 weeks I felt the baby get hiccups! It brought back memories of my pregnancy with Aizlynn since she used to gets hiccups constantly in the womb. Just another thing to smile about in those moments where I'm pensively touching my belly and marveling at all the little things I can feel my baby doing...




(woops forgot to take a pic for week 23!)

(week 24)

(week 25)

Cravings
- Latest cravings have been for hot, "melty" sandwiches like panini's and any grilled sandwiches. Also hot chocolate.

Weight Gain- 3 lbs total. Trying to change that.

Movement?- All the time!

Nesting
- Like a mad woman lol!

Baby Buys- Just a few sleepers.

Totally Loving
- How incredibly helpful and tolerant of my cleaning frenzies my darling hubby has been.

Not So Much- My wacky sleeping patterns :/

Looking Forward to- Christmas! Come on, who isn't?!









Photobucket

2 comments:

Stephanie on December 12, 2011 at 6:25 PM said...

You look amazing!

Andria on December 13, 2011 at 10:08 PM said...

Thanks Stephanie

Post a Comment