As usual we had a super awesome Christmas this year and I hope you did too! This was one of our biggest years yet as far as gift giving and receiving. It was almost overwhelming! Aizlynn has never before gotten SO much stuff so as you can imagine, she'll be kept busy with new toys for months to come. I'm still trying to accommodate her new things into her room but, thankfully I've gotten the rest of the house under control. This year we spent the day with tons of relatives (which is the norm for us) and most importantly, through all the gift exchanging, we had great quality time as a family. I can't wait to do it again next year only by that time, we'll be sharing our Christmas with our precious new addition to the family!
Just a few shots from our beautiful Christmas day!
Ive included pics to show some of our holiday activities throughout December.
Found this cute little Christmas survey floating around the blogosphere. Feel free to do it too!
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?It's pretty close but, hot chocolate still wins.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wraps... and uses a lot of gift bags.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Colored. I grew up with colored light so I guess it just reminds me of childhood Christmas memories.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No but, maybe I should start!
5. When do you put your decorations up? Shortly after Thanksgiving.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? I usually go after sides like, homemade spinach and artichoke dip, green bean casserole, stuffing and all that good stuff.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? The way our home looked during the holidays, going to Disney, having waffles on Christmas morning and watching Christmas specials with my parents.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? My older brother had to go and ruin it for me! I was only 5 or 6 :(
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? No. I feel like it kinda kills it but that's just me.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Usually with multi-colored lights and ornaments that we've collected over the years.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? No thanks! I think it's cool but as a Florida girl I just wouldn't be used to it. Love my snow-less winters thank you very much ;)
12. Can you ice skate? Actually yes I can!
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I always had awesome gifts as a kid so It would be hard to pick just one.
14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Making beautiful, lasting memories for Aizlynn and spending lots of quality time with family.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Pumpkin pie without question. Flan is a close second.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? I have SO many! If I could pick a couple, going to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party and recording Aizlynn's reaction on Christmas morning.
17. What tops your tree? An angel
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Both
19. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? Yum, especially when it's on peppermint bark form Williams Sonoma!
20. Favorite Christmas show? All the old ones like Rudolf, Santa Clause is Coming to Town, The Grinch etc.
21. Saddest Christmas Song? The Christmas Shoes... I BAWL! Also Where Are You Christmas by Faith Hill.
22. What is your favorite Christmas song? More than one! Breath of Heaven by Amy Grant never fails to sends chills down my spine & bring tears to my eyes. Oh Holy Night and All I Want For Christmas Is You ( Mariah Carey), My Grown Up Christmas List ( Kelly Clarkson).
It's so hard to keep up with updates throughout the Holiday season because we've just had one thing planned after the next! It's not over yet with plans for Disney, a Nutcracker play, cookie baking and other outings on top of our day to day things. I have to say though that even with all the business I absolutely love being able to look back and know that we created all of these great family memories.
Ok so on to the pregnancy! I'm currently 25 weeks along and starting to feel that "Oh my gosh, we're getting closer!" feeling. My incessant need for order and tidiness is kicking into full force lately which has been both a blessing and a curse. I mean YES, having your home in order is a good thing but, It feels like I'm never satisfied with things around here. It could always be better in my mind. Nesting can be a powerful force haha!
On another note, I've been forced to create quite the unexpected goal recently. That goal? Weight gain. Yep, weight gain. At my last appointment I was in total disbelief (as were my midwifes) when I stepped on the scale and discovered I hadn't gained any weight since the month prior. I was still only about 2/3 lbs above my pre-pregnancy weight and had no answers or explanations as to why that was. In came the flurry of questions I was met with at that moment- "Are you eating properly?" "How much protein are you getting?" "What exactly are you eating?" and so on. In my mind I thought I was eating just fine, getting enough protein and carbs, all that good stuff but, I have now made it a goal to add even more of those things into my daily food routine. It's funny to think that I'm hoping to see that scale go up soon but, if that's what I need to do then so be it. I'm not freaking out over it just yet though, I tend to be a late gainer and Aizlynn was a 6 lb, healthy baby. I'm going to assume that my body will gain what it needs to eventually and this precious baby will be born just as healthy :)
One really cute thing I'd like to metnion is that on the exact day I made 25 weeks I felt the baby get hiccups! It brought back memories of my pregnancy with Aizlynn since she used to gets hiccups constantly in the womb. Just another thing to smile about in those moments where I'm pensively touching my belly and marveling at all the little things I can feel my baby doing...
(woops forgot to take a pic for week 23!)
Cravings- Latest cravings have been for hot, "melty" sandwiches like panini's and any grilled sandwiches. Also hot chocolate.
Weight Gain- 3 lbs total. Trying to change that.
Movement?- All the time!
Nesting- Like a mad woman lol!
Baby Buys- Just a few sleepers.
Totally Loving- How incredibly helpful and tolerant of my cleaning frenzies my darling hubby has been.
Not So Much- My wacky sleeping patterns :/
Looking Forward to- Christmas! Come on, who isn't?!
I truly hope that all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving because we absolutely did! Thanksgiving tends to be kind of a big deal for my family. Well, most holidays tend to be a big deal for that matter. I was blessed and fortunate enough to have grown up having those "Hallmark movie network" type of Turkey days where everything is warm, decorated and the most incredible array of food is spread across the table. This year was no exception.
Though I personally didn't host Thanksgiving this year, we ended up getting invited to three different family member's homes, each one having their own display of total yumminess. We spent time in good company, had good food and more than a few good laughs. I made it a point this year to thank God for what he's done in my life. This year has been a year of many, many changes for the better. I have everything I could ever want or need- a hard working husband who's been taking great strides for our family, who loves me sincerely and unconditionally, a daughter that lights up my world & brings joy to my life I couldn't begin to describe and a bundle of joy on the way! I feel like the luckiest girl in the world. No not lucky, blessed. For this I am truly thankful...
(24 weeks preggo)
Notice the little orb in this picture? Jeff says we may have had a "visitor" over our shoulders in that moment. Personally, I'm not one to believe in those things so easily but, ya never know!