Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pumpkin Pie White Hot Chocolate!

Posted by Andria at 2:50 PM



So last week I was doing some Fall "pinning" and I came across an amazing looking little treat that I just HAD to try. It's called Pumpkin Pie White Hot Chocolate. I mean, just the name alone sounds delicious! That night I was just in the mood for something warm, sweet and comforting and this tasty Fall drink seemed like it would definitely hit the spot. It was SO easy to make and we all enjoyed it immensely!     

Here's what you'll need:

3 cups whole milk
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1/8 teaspoon cloves
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 ounces white chocolate (chopped) - I used white Hershey's Bliss & it was awesome!
pinch salt

And here's what you do:

1. Heat the milk, pumpkin puree, and spices in a sauce pan until it just starts to simmer and remove form heat.
2. Add the chocolate and stir until it has melted.
3. Pour into mugs and top with whipped cream and garnish with cinnamon.

I'll be honest, I didn't measure a thing. I added all the spices according to my taste and it worked out perfectly.

Alright so now is the time to get to the store and buy what you'll need as a recipe this good CANNOT wait! An extra tip- As you enjoy this, make sure to curl up on the couch wrapped in a blanket with your honey next to you and sip slowly ;)



A drink this good deserves to be sipped from pretty glasses like this one.






Photobucket






Here's the site I found this recipe on!

0 comments:

Post a Comment