Monday, October 31, 2011

Pregnancy Weeks 17 -19

Posted by Andria at 1:21 PM
I'm finding my days are so filled that they're easily turning into weeks! I shouldn't be surprised since October is one of our busiest months as a family. We have done SO much! I'm technically 20 weeks as I write this post but I'll just catch you up on weeks 17 through 19.

Week 17 marked the start of round ligament pain (oh joy). Ya know, sharp pain that pregnant women commonly feel in the lower abdomen due to stretching. In my case it's been sharp and stabby. I honestly thought I'd feel it sooner but, either way it's been well, "interesting". Still tired, still nauseous every once in a while and though the belly's not "huge", I'm starting to feel VERY pregnant. It's just incredible how quickly my body's changed in the past month. Hip pain hasn't been as bad but still enough to make me waddle. You'd think I was nine months along by the way I walk lol! At 19 weeks we had our official ultrasound and NO we did not find out the sex. We're just one of those crazy couples who really likes to be surprised at the end. It was still amazing getting to see the baby. Lately my newest symptom is indigestion. What I mean by that is it feels like my food is sitting in my throat or it feels like my food wants to come back up when I eat. Not very glamorous! I guess its just due to the fact that baby's getting bigger and putting a lot more pressure on my stomach. I did not experience this with my first so... Yeah.. Other than all that crazy stuff, I'm still in awe of this whole thing. Wondering who this baby is and what this baby will look like. I'm already so anxious to hold this baby in my arms!

Our focus for the next few weeks will be coming up with names. For some reason we just never really thought about it much until recently and we're both stumped. Hopefully we'll be able to narrow it down to a few girl names and a few boy names before long. If anyone has suggestions let me know!

PS- Have a wonderful Halloween everyone!

Cravings- Jello, cheery pie and tomato soup. I ate tomato soup for three days straight.

Weight Gain- Stepped on the scale today and I have FINALLY at 20 weeks pregnant gained three whole lbs! I'm currently 118lbs. Trust me, I'm not complaining ;)

Movement?- Oh yes!

Nesting- I'm sad to say there has been zero nesting as of yet. Just normal every day chores but no real nesting. I just haven't had enough energy.

Baby Buys This Week- Nothing this week for the baby but, I did get some new outfits for myself.

Totally Loving- The way Aizlynn talks to my belly. It's so cute!

Not So Much- Hip pain and now this round ligament pain and STILL having the occasional wave of nausea.

Looking Forward To- Really nesting and choosing some names.


week 17

week 18


week 19









Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment