Monday, March 29, 2010

Right at Home

Posted by Andria at 2:13 PM
I was just contemplating how freaking cool it is that I have FINALLY found a network of moms who have a lot of the same ideals and parenting styles as I do. Because of the fact that I'm in a pretty trendy location, where most of my friends are either all about the "now" (over medicated and under educated), or they're single and really can't relate to me as a mom, or they're moms but they really don't have a clue about living just a little more naturally for the safety and well being of their kids. I would hear conversations about how "little Susie" coughed last night so mom made sure to shove cough syrup down her throat every four hours to help her?! Sorry but I just can't relate to that. Or mothers saying that they think breastfeeding or birth is gross. Here's the best one, sitting with a group of young women who ARE parents but all they could talk about is their guy problems or how drunk they got over the weekend! Needless to say, I do keep those at arms length.

My twitter moms and favorite blogger moms are so much more relatable for me and I'm so relieved. Breastfeeding, baby wearing, natural childbirth, organic and Eco-friendly stuff etc are nothing new to me and my family. It's awesome to see so many of you who live the same way! I see some of you moms are very new to these things. First time breast feeders, trying organic foods and even cloth diapering for the first time. I love seeing the shift in awareness thanks to the help and advice of so many of you moms out there. I really wish I could find a group like this here in Orlando. Yes they're out there but not usually in the twenties age spectrum. Most moms I find around here who can relate to all these things are almost old enough to be my mother and have teenagers. Obviously I’m not saying it's a bad thing because these women have helped me a lot, but you know what I mean!

I guess this me saying thanks to all you mommies who help me feel right at home. I'm no longer the odd man out and I love it!

2 comments:

Mrs. Sanchez on April 8, 2010 at 2:06 PM said...

It is interesting, I am not yet a mom and think the only reason MBC let me in is because my blog is targeting moms and I want to be a mom and am trying to figure out how to do it right.

Mom bloggers do tend to be more eco-friendly and I have found a wealth of information through the lovely women at MBC. I can't imagine sitting around with women talking about getting drunk while having their beautiful children at home. I am early/almost mid 20's and long to be a mother, but just can't make it right in my mind since we are so low on finances.

I am following. :)

Follow back at http://jotgiveaways.blogspot.com

hippie mommie on April 25, 2010 at 10:42 PM said...

I completely know where you're coming from! Unfortunately, I've had to find my community of like-minded moms thru blogging. Don't get me wrong, I love all of my blog-friends, but would love to know some women like them in real life! :)

Following from MBC

Post a Comment